Got Hazardous Waste?

by lzrauch 

 What can be disposed of? Nearly every chemical product found in the bathroom, kitchen, basement, garage, garden shed, or workshop, including aerosol cans, automotive fluids (e.g., motor oil, transmission fluid, antifreeze, kerosene, brake fluid), batteries, chemistry sets, compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs) (No tubes!), household cleaners (ammonia, drain openers, acid cleaners, oven cleaners), mercury thermometers, paint products (latex, oil based, alkyd based, arts/crafts chemicals, rust preservatives, creosote, water sealers, paint thinners, furniture strippers), pesticides/garden (rodent killers, insecticides, weed killers, mothballs, fertilizer), photo chemicals, pool chemicals. Containers must be sealed. If you have questions about specific products, please call the HHW hotline at (412) 488-7452.

What can’t be disposed of? Ammunition, appliances, prescription or non-prescription drugs, compressed gas cylinders (including propane tanks), radioactive materials/smoke detectors, explosives, flares, fluorescent tubes, leaking containers, industrial/commercial waste, bulk waste, medical waste or tires.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s